Do you know that you can save money by getting the book The Wiley Blackwell Companion to the Sociology of Families by Judith Treas in pdf version instead of buying one? We have the pdf version of the book Orphans of Islam available for free. Just click on red download button below to download The Wiley Blackwell Companion to the Sociology of Families by Judith Treas for free.
Written by an international team of experts, this comprehensive volume investigates modern-day family relationships, partnering, and parenting set against a backdrop of rapid social, economic, cultural, and technological change.
- Covers a broad range of topics, including social inequality, parenting practices, children’s work, changing patterns of citizenship, multi-cultural families, and changes in welfare state protection for families
- Includes many European, North American and Asian examples written by a team of experts from across five continents
- Features coverage of previously neglected groups, including immigrant and transnational families as well as families of gays and lesbians
- Demonstrates how studying social change in families is fundamental for understanding the transformations in individual and social life across the globe
- Extensively reworked from the original Companion published over a decade ago: three-quarters of the material is completely new, and the remainder has been comprehensively updated