Do you know that you can save money by getting the book The Handbook of Media Education Research by Divina Frau-Meigs in pdf version instead of buying one? We have the pdf version of the book Orphans of Islam available for free. Just click on red download button below to download The Handbook of Media Education Research by Divina Frau-Meigs for free.
Over the past forty years, media education research has emerged as a historical, epistemological and practical field of study. Shifts in the field—along with radical transformations in media technologies, aesthetic forms, ownership models, and audience participation practices—have driven the application of new concepts and theories across a range of both school and non-school settings. The Handbook on Media Education Research is a unique exploration of the complex set of practices, theories, and tools of media research. Featuring contributions from a diverse range of internationally recognized experts and practitioners, this timely volume discusses recent developments in the field in the context of related scholarship, public policy, formal and non-formal teaching and learning, and DIY and community practice. Offering a truly global perspective, the Handbook focuses on empirical work from Media and Information Literacy (MIL) practitioners from around the world. The book’s five parts explore global youth cultures and the media, trans-media learning, media literacy and scientific controversies, varying national approaches to media research, media education policies, and much more. A ground breaking resource on the concepts and theories of media research, this important book:
- Provides a diversity of views and experiences relevant to media literacy education research
- Features contributions from experts from a wide-range of countries including South Africa, Finland, India, Italy, Brazil, and many more
- Examines the history and future of media education in various international contexts
- Discusses the development and current state of media literacy education institutions and policies
- Addresses important contemporary issues such as social media use; datafication; digital privacy, rights, and divides; and global cultural practices.
The Handbook of Media Education Research is an invaluable guide for researchers in the field, undergraduate and graduate students in media studies, policy makers, and MIL practitioners.