Do you know that you can save money by getting the book Early Childhood Education and Care for a Shared Sustainable World by Sandra Smidt in pdf version instead of buying one? We have the pdf version of the book Orphans of Islam available for free. Just click on red download button below to download Early Childhood Education and Care for a Shared Sustainable World by Sandra Smidt for free.
Making an important contribution to the growing body of literature addressing the issue of sustainability in the Early Years, Sandra Smidt provides a highly accessible text examining the philosophical, political, economic, social and cultural aspects of sustainability impacting on very young children today. Drawing on current and global research, Smidt presents case studies and vignettes illustrating good practice and positive thinking in this constantly expanding field.
After clarifying the myriad of acronyms used in this subject area, the book turns to the question of defining sustainability, before chapters explore a diverse range of topics:
- How very young children make sense of the world and the critical role of teachers and practitioners in listening and responding to the questions they ask.
- The young child as a citizen with a voice that needs to be heard, and ideas and opinions which should be shared.
- Examples of how practitioners and settings are working democratically in recognition of the intellectual capacities of young children.
- Possible pedagogies to support the learning and the emotional needs of very young children in relation to issues of sustainability.
- The integration of services offering Early Childhood Care, and those offering Early Childhood Education.
- Analysis of the professional standing of early childhood educators.
Other key issues addressed in the text include the worldwide impact of global warming, globalisation, capitalism and human aspiration. Smidt expertly navigates these issues, illustrating good practice and providing those working with young children with the knowledge and understanding they need to support children to develop, maintain and live in a sustainable world.